Rest Easy with These Baby Beds

My wife told me that she wanted to go and buy a bed for our baby even before she reached her third month of pregnancy. Of course, I can't help but wonder what the hurry was all about. I can't understand why she wants to buy a bed that wouldn't be used for at least another six months. However, she insisted that we didn't have to wait till the very last minute and began to harp on a certain aspect of my lethargic character. I had no choice but to give in.

Luxury Baby Cribs

The problem was I had never before had the occasion to see, let alone buy a bed for a baby. In fact, I never even had a bed of my own when I was a young child. You see, I always shared a bed with my elder brother. I was only given a bed of my own when I grew large enough to pulverize him in my sleep. This is why I was shocked and surprised when I found out that most kinds of baby beds available in the market actually cost more than the king size bed that I shared with my wife.

Luxury Baby Cribs

I also did not expect that there is a vast range of baby beds that are available. There was even a range of something called 'Bassinets'. Of course, there were also more familiar kinds like cradles and cribs. There were rocking, portable, travel and all permutations and combinations of beds for babies. I also found a few elegant baby beds that could burn a hole in your pocket and make your baby feel like royalty.

I also discovered that baby beds are not just made of wood because they come in all sorts of materials. There are metal baby beds, wood ones, plastic disposable ones and even beds made of medicinal and therapeutic materials. Baby beds can come with wheels, coasters, rocking attachments and in one memorable instance, a dangling toy and battery operated fan.

My wife eventually settled on a hardwood 'Caspian' bed after spending over four hours looking over wooden, metal, plastic and porcelain baby beds. The bed we purchased came with wheels, three position mattress support, and a special release mechanism. I thought about how I had spent the best part of my infancy rollicking around on the cold, hard floor or in the warm embrace of my mother as I lugged the extremely heavy bed to the parking lot. In the end, I realized that there is no reason for me to deprive my unborn child just because I didn't get to enjoy the luxury of a bed.

Rest Easy with These Baby Beds
Luxury Baby Cribs

Digital Camera 10 Gopro Surf Hero Floating Wall Shelf